* Copy URL to kill ring/X cut buffer?
@ 2002-04-28 16:18 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-28 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

When reading mail remotely, I find that clicking on a URL is often
not what I want.  Instead, I want to put the URL in the X cut buffer,
to be pasted into the Netscape URL line.

But when running Emacs remotely (with X11), selecting the URL with
the mouse is slow.

Suggestions?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: Copy URL to kill ring/X cut buffer?
@ 2002-04-29  1:54 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-04-29  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When reading mail remotely, I find that clicking on a URL is often
> not what I want.  Instead, I want to put the URL in the X cut buffer,
> to be pasted into the Netscape URL line.
>
> But when running Emacs remotely (with X11), selecting the URL with
> the mouse is slow.
>
> Suggestions?

Will running `urlview' against the message (on disk) help you?
Here's one source http://linux.tucows.com/internet/preview/50192.html