* Write score files without colon
@ 2023-09-03 18:04 John Haman
From: John Haman @ 2023-09-03 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When I write a score file, which on my computer something looks like ` nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.emacs.gnus.user.SCORE`, or similar, there is a colon in the filename. I share my score files on Windows, which cannot accept a colon in the filename. How can I replace the colon with another character when I read/write score files?

This will help me use the same score files across all OSs.

Thanks.
--
Dr. John Haman
Maryland, USA

* Re: Write score files without colon
@ 2023-09-03 19:06 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2023-09-03 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Haman; +Cc: ding

On Sep 03 2023, John Haman wrote:

> When I write a score file, which on my computer something looks like ` nntp+news.gmane.io:gmane.emacs.gnus.user.SCORE`, or similar, there is a colon in the filename. I share my score files on Windows, which cannot accept a colon in the filename. How can I replace the colon with another character when I read/write score files?

See nnheader-file-name-translation-alist.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1

* Re: Write score files without colon
@ 2023-09-04 12:32   ` John Haman
From: John Haman @ 2023-09-04 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: ding

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> See nnheader-file-name-translation-alist.

Thank you! that does the trick.

--
Dr. John Haman
Maryland, USA