* Re: Automatically display MIME-images?
       [not found] <wtnityxhdke.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-03-08 13:37 ` Hrvoje Niksic
       [not found]   ` <wtnsnxy1mgt.fsf@lameth.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 2000-03-08 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> I read clari.editorial.cartoons.* where the article is one gif-image
> that are encoded as MIME. With 5.6.45 and WM Gnus showed the image
> as soon as I opened the article. I would like to have that behaviour
> again in 5.8.3. Any ideas how to archive this? I don't like to have
> to press "n" for next article, switch to the *Article* buffer, and
> press RET on the MIME button (or using "n b").

Try `W M v'.  From the manual:

    `W M v'
         View all the MIME parts in the current article
         (`gnus-mime-view-all-parts').

@ 2000-03-08 16:35 ` David S. Goldberg
       [not found]   ` <wtnwvna1mmm.fsf@lameth.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2000-03-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I bet you need to set mm-inline-large-images to t.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

@ 2000-03-11  0:04     ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2000-03-11  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 Mar 2000 23:36:50 +0100
in article <wtnsnxy1mgt.fsf@lameth.dtek.chalmers.se>
Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> said:

  > Any good ideas on how use this to automatically view the picture when
  > I press RET or SPC on the article in *Summary*?

You can do it *almost* automatically by using gnus-binary-mode:

,----[ from the manual ]
| File: gnus,  Node: Binary Groups,  Prev: Pick and Read,  Up: Alternative Approaches
|
| Binary Groups
|
|    If you spend much time in binary groups, you may grow tired of
| hitting `X u', `n', `RET' all the time.  `M-x gnus-binary-mode' is a
| minor mode for summary buffers that makes all ordinary Gnus article
| selection functions uudecode series of articles and display the result
| instead of just displaying the articles the normal way.
|
|    The only way, in fact, to see the actual articles is the `g'
| command, when you have turned on this mode (`gnus-binary-show-article').
|
|    `gnus-binary-mode-hook' is called in binary minor mode buffers.
`----

RET or SPC will display the next message, and all the message's
pictures will be decoded automatically. If the message is part of a
series of messages with the same subject, all the pictures in those
messages will be decoded.

You're then presented with a minibuffer prompt for each picture. You
hit RET to OK the viewing command ('ee path/to/CoolPicture.jpg' or
some such).

Happy viewing -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: Automatically display MIME-images?
@ 2000-03-11 11:24       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-03-11 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> You can do it *almost* automatically by using gnus-binary-mode:

Does gnus-binary-mode grok MIME?  Does `X u' grok MIME?  I had always
thought it doesn't, but I haven't actually tried it.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

@ 2000-03-14 16:16     ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2000-03-14 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Damn, I just noticed you're running Emacs 20.3.  Sorry.  My suggestion
is an XEmacs related problem since Emacs 20.3 (not sure about later)
can't display images (except maybe bitmaps) inline as far as I know.
--

@ 2000-03-08 12:39 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2000-03-08 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:
> I read clari.editorial.cartoons.* where the article is one gif-image
> that are encoded as MIME. With 5.6.45 and WM Gnus showed the image as
> soon as I opened the article. I would like to have that behaviour
> again in 5.8.3. Any ideas how to archive this? I don't like to have to
> press "n" for next article, switch to the *Article* buffer, and press
> RET on the MIME button (or using "n b").

clari.* cartoons are always "Content-Disposition: inline" which means
they should display immediately.  The only reason why they wouldn't is
if your XEmacs window is too small to show the image, based on the
function mm-image-fit-p in mm-decode.el.