* replying to mime parts
@ 1998-01-13 13:43 Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1998-01-13 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to reply to a message/rfc-822 part of a MIME-msg (for example a
forwarded message). Is this possible/planned/... ? I've found nothing
in the menus.

On second thought, one could interpret GNKSA's "let the user indicate
which part to followup to" on these lines. Hmm.

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>

* Re: replying to mime parts
@ 1998-01-13 14:11 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-01-13 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Robbe> I want to reply to a message/rfc-822 part of a MIME-msg (for
  Robbe> example a forwarded message). Is this possible/planned/... ?
  Robbe> I've found nothing in the menus.

I use TM with Gnus with the following hack:

  (defun mime-view-followup-gnus (buf)
    (set-buffer buf)
    (message-wide-reply))
  (eval-after-load "tm-view"
    '(add-to-list 'mime-viewer/following-method-alist
                  '(gnus-original-article-mode . mime-view-followup-gnus)))

It allows me to go to a part and type "a" to reply to it.

The reply does not get threaded correctly, of course.  So I have to
type "T ^" myself.

kai
--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/

* Re: replying to mime parts
@ 1998-01-13 16:05   ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1998-01-13 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Robert Bihlmeyer, ding

Rather than hack tm, I just use C-d (gnus-summary-enter-digest-group),
which splits out the message/rfc-822 (and other common forward
formats, as well as digests) into a group of its own and then reply,
followup etc from there.  Works like a champ.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730