* nnimap and respooling with B r
@ 2000-01-06 22:26 David Maslen
From: David Maslen @ 2000-01-06 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think this would be a nice feature, but don't know if it's a
limitation of gnus or imap.

Often I set up a splitting method, after I have started to receive
mail for a list/job/person in sufficient quantity to justify
this. When I used nnfolders, I then marked the content of my inbox and
respooled (B r) it, putting the already received messages in the new group,
where future mail would also be split to.

Can someone either suggest another way to do this sort of thing, or
perhaps tell me why it can't be done?

* Re: nnimap and respooling with B r
@ 2000-01-07 11:16 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-01-07 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:

> I think this would be a nice feature, but don't know if it's a
> limitation of gnus or imap.

It's a limitation of gnus, the respooling commands are hard-wired to
use `nnmail-split-methods'.

> Often I set up a splitting method, after I have started to receive
> mail for a list/job/person in sufficient quantity to justify
> this. When I used nnfolders, I then marked the content of my inbox and
> respooled (B r) it, putting the already received messages in the new group,
> where future mail would also be split to.
>
> Can someone either suggest another way to do this sort of thing, or
> perhaps tell me why it can't be done?

You can simulate this by moving all the articles you want to respool
to `nnimap-split-inbox' and mark them as unread, they will then be
splitted into the correct mailbox.

* Re: nnimap and respooling with B r
@ 2000-01-11 10:00   ` Soeren Laursen
From: Soeren Laursen @ 2000-01-11 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:
>
> > I think this would be a nice feature, but don't know if it's a
> > limitation of gnus or imap.
>
> It's a limitation of gnus, the respooling commands are hard-wired to
> use `nnmail-split-methods'.
>
> > Often I set up a splitting method, after I have started to receive
> > mail for a list/job/person in sufficient quantity to justify
> > this. When I used nnfolders, I then marked the content of my inbox and
> > respooled (B r) it, putting the already received messages in the new group,
> > where future mail would also be split to.
> >
> > Can someone either suggest another way to do this sort of thing, or
> > perhaps tell me why it can't be done?
>
> You can simulate this by moving all the articles you want to respool
> to `nnimap-split-inbox' and mark them as unread, they will then be
> splitted into the correct mailbox.

If someone would post lispcode for doing this, I would be most
grateful!

--
Søren Laursen http://www.tele.auc.dk/~slau/

* Re: nnimap and respooling with B r
@ 2000-01-12  1:01     ` David Maslen
From: David Maslen @ 2000-01-12  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Moving the files is easy, in so much as I just select a region that
contains the files to move, then B m.

I thought the same a approach might work for marking them as read.
It didn't.

I tried marking each article for processing, then M-M u-u, to mark all
as unread, this didn't work either.

Is there a way to mark a large number of article in the same group as
unread? A batch unread function?

* Re: nnimap and respooling with B r
@ 2000-01-12  4:31       ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2000-01-12  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

See C-h k M-& for what you want.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730