From: dsg@linus.mitre.org (David S. Goldberg)
Subject: Re: B m creates duplicates?
Date: 19 May 1997 08:51:08 -0400	[thread overview]

> Norman Walsh <norm@berkshire.net> writes:
>> I've just started using "B m" to move mail between groups (mostly
>> so I can have even greater refinement than I can practically create
>> with procmail) and I notice that articles moved this way are
>> flagged as duplicates.

> Uhm...  What do you mean by that they are "flagged as duplicates"?
> What does this flag look like?

I bet he means they're flagged with a 'M' in the summary buffer of the
group they've been moved to if you read it in the same session you did
the move (did that sentence actually parse?).  I've seen this too,
though I'm not really bothered by it.  They don't show up as duplicate
if you read them in a subsequent session of gnus.  I'm guessing they
should be removed from the message-id cache as part of the move.

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730