From: Norman Walsh <norm@berkshire.net>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: B m creates duplicates?
Date: 19 May 1997 14:55:58 -0400	[thread overview]

Norman Walsh <norm@berkshire.net> writes:

> dsg@linus.mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

> > > Uhm...  What do you mean by that they are "flagged as duplicates"?
> > > What does this flag look like?
> >
> > I bet he means they're flagged with a 'M' in the summary buffer of the
> > group they've been moved to if you read it in the same session you did
> > the move (did that sentence actually parse?).  I've seen this too,
> > though I'm not really bothered by it.  They don't show up as duplicate
> > if you read them in a subsequent session of gnus.  I'm guessing they
> > should be removed from the message-id cache as part of the move.
>
> What he said ;-)

Ah, but one more point.  I happen to be running 5.4.45 on another
machine and that version _does not_ exhibit the duplicate problem.
I was running 5.4.52 under NT when I saw the problem.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <nwalsh@arbortext.com> | The eternal mystery of the world
Senior Application Analyst          | is its comprehensibility. -- A.