* Syncing gnus on multiple machines
@ 2001-11-16 21:47 Brian Nelson
From: Brian Nelson @ 2001-11-16 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I check imap mail and news from 2 different machines, and I'd like to
synchronize gnus so that I don't have to re-read the newsgroups and
keep a better count of read mail.

What files would I need to sync?  Is there any risk of breaking
something by doing this?

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>

* Re: Syncing gnus on multiple machines
@ 2001-11-19 16:41 ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2001-11-19 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I also talk to only nnimap and nntp servers.  I periodically copy
.newsrc.eld between my Sun and win2k laptop (running xemacs via
cygwin) and have no problems.  I just have to remember to do it.
Fortunately, the worst thing that happens if I forget is that I reread
some nntp messages.  IMAP, of course, keeps track of readedness
(word?) so just the reported number of unread before group entry will
be wrong.
--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: Syncing gnus on multiple machines
@ 2001-11-21 17:50   ` Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 2001-11-21 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

dsg> I also talk to only nnimap and nntp servers.  I periodically copy
dsg> .newsrc.eld between my Sun and win2k laptop (running xemacs via

I've played some with the tramp package that Kia has.
Interesting stuff.

--
Amos