* uncompface (any redhat package)
@ 2002-01-13 16:59 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-01-13 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone know what package for redhat 7.1 provides the xface capability?
face-xface*.rpm seems to have disappeared since about version 6.2.

Attempting a rebuild of src rpm gives me libgr-progs needed errors and
libgr-progs src rpm won't compile.

I suspect the names are different or something.  Seems unlikely to
have just disappeared.

* Re: uncompface (any redhat package)
@ 2002-01-13 17:10 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-01-13 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Anyone know what package for redhat 7.1 provides the xface
> capability?  face-xface*.rpm seems to have disappeared since
> about version 6.2.

I'm using the '1.6.1-18' RPM version from PLD on rpmfind.net, but
now that I look there seem to be more recent RPMs from bero as
well.

* Re: uncompface (any redhat package)
@ 2002-01-13 17:42   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-01-13 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> rpmfind.net, but now
> that I look there seem to be more recent RPMs from bero as well.

>From bero ..faces-xface-1.6.1-2.i386.rpm
Haaa, yup ..went right in with no noise.. I shouldn't have gotten
fancy and tried to rebuild the src package...

I spent about an hour mucking around with this:
   faces-1.6.1-20cl.src.rpm
Running into libgr-progs requirement then couldn't build that one.

Thanks

* Re: uncompface (any redhat package)
@ 2002-01-13 18:09     ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-01-13 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> rpmfind.net, but now
>> that I look there seem to be more recent RPMs from bero as well.
>
>>>From bero ..faces-xface-1.6.1-2.i386.rpm
> Haaa, yup ..went right in with no noise.. I shouldn't have gotten
> fancy and tried to rebuild the src package...
>
> I spent about an hour mucking around with this:
>    faces-1.6.1-20cl.src.rpm
> Running into libgr-progs requirement then couldn't build that one.
>
> Thanks

Egad, now that I'm seeing them, I'm not sure this was a good
move... hehe.

Looks like quite a few people use it for general graffiti art or something.