* Info URLS
@ 2001-11-04 14:29 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-11-04 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> <info://bbdb/Reader-specific+Features/Gnus-specific+Features/
> Gnus+Summary+Buffer+Enhancements>

But I've noticed this on a few of those URL.  Instead of
being swept away to that formatted info section, I get swept away to
the top of the raw WHATEVER.info fle

These:

   This is bbdb.info, produced by makeinfo version 4.0 from bbdb.texinfo.

   INFO-DIR-SECTION Emacs
   START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY
   * BBDB: (bbdb).             The Insidious Big Brother Database.
   END-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

Further it seems that ones that worked once, may fail on some
other attempt.  Of the variety below I couldn't see a real noticable
factor that made some work and some not.  Restarting may effect it to.
Ones that failed may work after a restart.

 <info://bbdb/options/Predefined+Hooks>
 <info://bbdb/options/>
 <info://bbdb/options>

 <info://gnus/Scoring/GroupLens>
 <info://gnus/Scoring/GroupLens/>

 <info://gnus/Scoring/Advanced+Scoring>
 <info://gnus/Scoring/Advanced+Scoring/>

 <info://emacs/basic/Continuation+Lines>
 <info://emacs/basic/Continuation+Lines/>

Where does one read about the usage of these info URLS?

WIBNI we could press M-x info-url and get a yankable address.
Or maybe have it floating at the top of info pages, but copy/pasteable.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-04 14:29 UTC | newest]