* gnus market share results
@ 2000-05-02  8:23 Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2000-05-02  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

To find myself something to do instead of preparing for exam on
Thursday I have been fooling around with Python. As a little project I
wrote a script that checked all articles available on my news server
in gnu.* and comp.* hierarchies to see what share of articles was
posted with Gnus.

In a nutshell, in gnu.* the share is 38.94%, while in comp.* it's only
1.9%. Total of 5850 articles were checked in gnu.*, and 602000 in
comp.*.

The script and the full results are posted for your scrutiny at
http://soup/~antipode/gnus/

I've put the script in my crontab to run once a month.
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

* Re: gnus market share results
@ 2000-05-02 11:28 ` Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2000-05-02 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Arcady> The script and the full results are posted for your scrutiny at
Arcady> http://soup/~antipode/gnus/

That may be a good URL to you, but I don't have your default searchpath. :)

* Re: gnus market share results
@ 2000-05-02 14:51   ` Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2000-05-02 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:

> Arcady> The script and the full results are posted for your scrutiny at
> Arcady> http://soup/~antipode/gnus/
>
> That may be a good URL to you, but I don't have your default searchpath. :)

Oops. Should have been http://www.thpoon.com/~antipode/gnus/

Sorry. ;^)
--

@ 2000-05-02 15:26     ` Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2000-05-02 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Arcady> Oops. Should have been http://www.thpoon.com/~antipode/gnus/

Arcady> Sorry. ;^)

See how Python corrupts your brain?  A Perl hacker would never had
made that mistake!

(... ducking... )

:-)