From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Re: all.SCORE for agent categories
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:39:50 -0800	[thread overview]

>> Is it just a matter of saying `file' in the right place?  How does
>> gnus now what `file' you mean? Or does it automatically mean a file
>> with that group name?  If so then that is not like an all.SCORE file.
>
> Saying `file' (sans quotes) tells Gnus to go look for the normal
> score files.  And then there is another variable which tells Gnus
> what to do when it looks for the normal score files.
>
> gnus-score-find-score-files-function is the name of the variable.  I
> think you want the `bnews' function for the `all' trick.

Yeah, looks like it.  Thanks for the pointer.  But unless I'm still
missing the boat here, it would still mean that in addition to leaving
the default bnews setting in gnus-score-find-score-files-function, I
would need to include `file' in each categories score component, if I
wanted an all.SCORE to apply to all agent categories.

What I was looking for is a way to set one scorefile or whatever and
have it effect all agent categories score component without having to
hand edit each one.   In other words have something that acts like
all.SCORE acts in regular scoring.

Maybe it can be done in gnus-parmeters some how.  But it doesn't
really look like it.  Something like this would still mean I'd need to
say something in `J C s' categories wouldn't it?

    (setq gnus-parameters
       '(("XYZ\\..*"  (file))
Where XYX is some crazy regexp that excludes all unagentized groups,

I don't mean to imply that having to add something in `categories' is
such and insurmountable task, just looking for a lazy way.