* how long to this day...
@ 1997-05-29  8:55 Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1997-05-29  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any predictions on when there will be more e-lisp
code in Gnus, than in the rest of (X)Emacs.  At that
point, we should rename (X)Emacs to just (X)EGnus.

And to think, some people actually believe (X)Emacs
is still an editor.

:-)

Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu

* Re: how long to this day...
@ 1997-05-29 10:18 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-05-29 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu> writes:

> Any predictions on when there will be more e-lisp code in Gnus, than
> in the rest of (X)Emacs.  At that point, we should rename (X)Emacs
> to just (X)EGnus.

And the pronounciation should be Zee Gnuss, like an Evil German
Scientist pronouncing The Gnus. :-)

Mein Fuhrer, I can...

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: how long to this day...
@ 1997-05-29 19:14 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1997-05-29 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu> writes:

> Any predictions on when there will be more e-lisp
> code in Gnus, than in the rest of (X)Emacs.  At that
> point, we should rename (X)Emacs to just (X)EGnus.

In the latest XEmacs 20.3 beta, the total non-Gnus source lines of
lisp is 622,290.  I count 58,153 source lines in Gnus-5.4.55.  If you
add in stuff like tm (which I use only with Gnus) =17,977 lines you
easily reach over 10%.

> And to think, some people actually believe (X)Emacs
> is still an editor.

Sad, isn't it ... :-)
--
steve@calag.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: how long to this day...
       [not found] <"199705290855.EAA09403"@redwood.skiles.gatech.edu>
@ 1997-05-29 10:04 ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1997-05-29 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu> wrote:
>Any predictions on when there will be more e-lisp
>code in Gnus, than in the rest of (X)Emacs.  At that
>point, we should rename (X)Emacs to just (X)EGnus.
>
>And to think, some people actually believe (X)Emacs
>is still an editor.

Quite.

I must admit that ever since I started using Gnus to read all my mail
and news, way back in the mid-ding days, (thereby turfing ExMH and NN,
respectively), I seem to spend at least 80% of my time in XEmacs using
Gnus...

Andrew
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff -                  ajc@bing.wattle.id.au    (PGP/MIME ok)