* Strangeness in dgnushack with w3 3.0.107
@ 1997-10-06 17:57 David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1997-10-06 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not sure whether this is a problem with .  I used nnweb a couple
times back in the middle Red days.  I just decided to try again and
found that nnweb.elc hadn't been created for quassia .10.  So I tried
to rebuild it and sure enough, it turns out that nnweb.el is being
removed from the list of files to compile due to an error when
requiring w3-forms.  Running under the debugger I find that w3-forms
requires w3-display which references a variable defined in mule-sysdp,
but doesn't require that file.  Running w3 normally (eg M-x w3)
doesn't have any problem because mule-sysdp gets required properly
from there.  My "fix" if you can call it that, was to change the
condition-case body in dgnushack from a simple require to a progn that
requires both mule-sysdp and w3-forms.  I'm not sure whether there's a
better way, though.

Emacs 19.34, Quassia Gnus 0.10 (this also had to be done for 0.12, but
I've got other problems to report with that...) and W3 3.0.107.

Thanks,

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

* Re: Strangeness in dgnushack with w3 3.0.107
@ 1997-10-12 19:25 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-12 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

dsg@linus.mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

> Running w3 normally (eg M-x w3) doesn't have any problem because
> mule-sysdp gets required properly from there.  My "fix" if you can
> call it that, was to change the condition-case body in dgnushack
> from a simple require to a progn that requires both mule-sysdp and
> w3-forms.  I'm not sure whether there's a better way, though.

I don't know either.  William?