* Hiding overly long To and CC headers
@ 1997-09-04 13:43 David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1997-09-04 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Unfortunately too many people here rely on personal mailing lists for
things like all department mailings rather than using lists set up by
the corporation.  If they'd use the latter, the To or CC header would
show up with the list name.  Since they use the former, recipients
have to page through several dozens of lines of To or CC header to
(finally!) read a much smaller message.  I often find my self typing
">" and a couple of "b"'s (which I've bound to gnus-summary-prev-page)
if necessary to get by it quickly, but WIBN if there was a way to
easily wash the To and CC headers or, more generically, all continued
header lines.  Perhaps continued lines could be considered a boring
condition?

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

* Re: Hiding overly long To and CC headers
@ 1997-09-08 10:53 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-08 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

dsg@linus.mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

> Perhaps continued lines could be considered a boring condition?

I've added this to the todo list.