* Capped Sales
@ 1997-07-25 19:11 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-07-25 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hm.  After 24 hours, 15 caps are now sold -- all locally here in Oslo.
That's quite a lot, I think.  So, as Oslo is half a mill. of people,
which is one tenth of one tenth of one percentage of the world's
population, that probably means that 150,000 people ordered a cap
today; only I haven't gotten their letters stashed with cash yet.

And that's only after the first day.

*sigh*  I have a feeling I'll be growing kinda tired of packing caps
toward the end.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Capped Sales
@ 1997-07-25 22:26 ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1997-07-25 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to order one, but I hope to see some scanned pics first.
--
Q:	How did you get into artificial intelligence?
A:	Seemed logical -- I didn't have any real intelligence.

* Re: Capped Sales
@ 1997-07-27  8:19   ` SL Baur
From: SL Baur @ 1997-07-27  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> I want to order one, but I hope to see some scanned pics first.

Does it matter?  This is probably the only item of clothing you can
buy that will get you recognized on the street by people you wish to
meet in person (it happened to me with a September Gnus T-shirt when I
was visiting Silicon Valley a few months ago :-).

* Re: Capped Sales
@ 1997-07-30 15:52     ` Steve Dunham
From: Steve Dunham @ 1997-07-30 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

SL Baur wrote:

> David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:
>
> > I want to order one, but I hope to see some scanned pics first.

> Does it matter?  This is probably the only item of clothing you can
> buy that will get you recognized on the street by people you wish to
> meet in person (it happened to me with a September Gnus T-shirt when I
> was visiting Silicon Valley a few months ago :-).

How did you send the money?

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu

* Re: Capped Sales
@ 1997-07-31  8:40       ` SL Baur
From: SL Baur @ 1997-07-31  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Dunham <dunham@cps.msu.edu> writes:

> How did you send the money?

Money order (functionally equivalent to cash in American Dollars, but
much less expensive than International Money Orders) and international
air mail.

I don't trust sending straight cash through the mail, but your mileage
may vary ...

* Re: Capped Sales
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-07-31 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

SL Baur <steve@xemacs.org> writes:

> Money order (functionally equivalent to cash in American Dollars, but
> much less expensive than International Money Orders) and international
> air mail.

Uhm.  Rather not.  Money orders are a pain to cash here, no matter
what they tell you when you buy them.

Cash.  Gimme cash!  :-)