* Adding labels to messages (was: switching from gnus to thunderbird)
       [not found]     ` <87sla56jo5.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2007-05-10 19:30       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-05-10 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jørn Helge B.Dahl; +Cc: info-gnus-english, ding

On Thu, May 10 2007, Jørn Helge B. Dahl wrote:

> * Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
>> On Wed, May 09 2007, Jørn Helge B. Dahl wrote:
>>> Oh the other hand, I find the labels in Thunderbird quite useful. Ways
>>> to achieve the same thing in Gnus?
>>
>> http://search.gmane.org/?query=Gnus%20label%20Thunderbird&group=emacs.gnus.*
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/61856/focus=61857
>
> Thanks for the info, but it seems this is not implemented for nnimap
> yet?

I didn't implement adding labels at all.  Uwe Brauer wrote that he
adds the X-Gnus-Label headers by editing the nnml/nnfolder articles.
It would not be too difficult to implement a function to do this for
back ends that support article editing.

But the idea of using user-defined flags sounds even more nice:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/59998/focus=60035>.
Maybe you can motivate Simon or Ted to implement it.

This should be discussed on ding (Mail-Followup-To set).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Adding labels to messages
@ 2007-09-25 16:28         ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2007-09-25 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jørn Helge B.Dahl; +Cc: ding

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:30:15 +0200 Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:

RS> On Thu, May 10 2007, Jørn Helge B. Dahl wrote:
>> * Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
>>>
>>> http://search.gmane.org/?query=Gnus%20label%20Thunderbird&group=emacs.gnus.*
>>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/61856/focus=61857
>>
>> Thanks for the info, but it seems this is not implemented for nnimap
>> yet?

RS> I didn't implement adding labels at all.  Uwe Brauer wrote that he
RS> adds the X-Gnus-Label headers by editing the nnml/nnfolder articles.
RS> It would not be too difficult to implement a function to do this for
RS> back ends that support article editing.

RS> But the idea of using user-defined flags sounds even more nice:
RS> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/59998/focus=60035>.
RS> Maybe you can motivate Simon or Ted to implement it.

I added the relevant functionality to the gnus-registry.el package in
CVS Gnus, and sent a message to the ding list explaining the API and the
frontend functionality that still needs to be implemented.

Ted