* "from addresses" in nnimap groups
@ 1999-12-15 20:04 George McNinch
From: George McNinch @ 1999-12-15 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm pretty sure that

   gnus-ignored-from-addresses

is not being honored in my nnimap groups.

I have

(setq gnus-ignored-from-addresses
      "McNinch.*nd")

in my .gnus.

Messages with header "From: George McNinch..." are displayed as
follows in an nnimap group summary:

O  [  45: George McNinch      ] LAG course

but instead like this:

O  [  45: -> <recipient snipped>] LAG course

when copied to an nnfolder group.

Best,
George McNinch

--
George McNinch <McNinch.1@nd.edu>   |      __O
  www.nd.edu/~gmcninch              |    _-\<,_

* Re: "from addresses" in nnimap groups
@ 1999-12-21 21:08 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-12-21 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

George McNinch <McNinch.1@nd.edu> writes:

> O  [  45: George McNinch      ] LAG course
>
> but instead like this:
>
> O  [  45: -> <recipient snipped>] LAG course

For this you need the extra headers feature and the %f specifier for
gnus-summary-line-format.  See the variables gnus-extra-header and
nnmail-extra-headers.

Alas, nnimap does not grok extra headers, yet.  So, you could try to
add extra header support for nnimap or wait until someone else does.

kai

* Re: "from addresses" in nnimap groups
@ 1999-12-23  2:06   ` George McNinch
From: George McNinch @ 1999-12-23  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Kai> Alas, nnimap does not grok extra headers, yet.  So, you could
    Kai> try to add extra header support for nnimap or wait until
    Kai> someone else does.

That is of course the problem... (I eventually saw the "to-do" list at
the top of nnimap.el, where this is mentioned, and was somewhat
embarassed for having made the original post...)