* Symbolic Group levels?
@ 1997-09-30 16:23 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 1997-09-30 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Hi,

        Does this new gnus already support reading symbolic news levels?
        I suggested that looonng time ago, but it was until now we
        upgraded to 19.34 and I was able to use this Gnus5

        Is there work on going or can I go and add the feature to Gnus.
        It is basicly very easy:

        - Define new "Get new news/mail" key
        - Let person define completing-read table where he maps

                "primary mail" 1
                "very interesting news" . 3
                "Emacs news"            . 4
                "Linux and shell"       . (5 6)
                "Secondary news"        . '(8 10)
                "All news"              . 'all-news
                "All mail"              . 'all-mail

        - map and read the news according user selection: CDR of the table.

        I have increased my group leves way beyong the usual 5,7 category,
        so this would be really helpfull instead of remembering the
        hard numbers.

        jari

* Re: Symbolic Group levels?
@ 1997-10-03 21:59 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-03 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@ntc.nokia.com> writes:

> Does this new gnus already support reading symbolic news levels?

I think symbolic group levels is too much gloss on a simple idea.
Topics removed most of the need for this extra layer of abstraction.