* Quassia Gnus v0.3 is released
@ 1997-09-14 19:25 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-14 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok; here we go.  The Gnus Agent (for unplugged reading) and the new
draft backend.  I think it should basically work, but more commands
need to be added for ease of use.

New documentation as well; could someone proof-read the Agent parts?
Uhm; I think I forgot to document the new draft backend.  I'll do that
in Quassia 0.4.

Get it from <URL:http://www.gnus.org/qgnus.tar.gz> or
"ftp.gnus.org:/pub/emacs/gnus/".  The patch is available as
<URL:http://www.gnus.org/patches/qgnus-0.2-0.3.diff.gz>

ChangeLog since last release:

Sun Sep 14 21:17:34 1997  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@menja.ifi.uio.no>

	* gnus.el: Quassia Gnus v0.3 is released.

Sun Sep 14 01:51:45 1997  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@ifi.uio.no>

	* gnus-agent.el (gnus-agent-short-article): New variables.

	* message.el (message-set-auto-save-file-name): Use drafts.

	* nndraft.el (nndraft-request-expire-articles): Use it.

	* nnmh.el (nnmh-deletable-article-p): Change.
	(nnmh-allow-delete-final): New variable.

	* gnus-msg.el (gnus-summary-send-draft): Removed.

	* gnus.el (gnus-article-mark-lists): Save unsendable marks.

	* gnus-sum.el (gnus-newsgroup-unsendable): New variable.

	* gnus-draft.el: New file.

	* gnus-sum.el (gnus-unsendable-mark): New variable.

	* nndraft.el (nndraft-execute-nnmh-command): Cleanup.

	* message.el (message-send-news): Use `gnus-request-post'.

	* gnus-agent.el (gnus-agentize): New command.

	* gnus-bcklg.el (gnus-backlog-remove-article): Remove the ident
	from the list.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.3 is released
@ 1997-09-14 22:32 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1997-09-14 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:
> Ok; here we go.  The Gnus Agent (for unplugged reading) and the new
> draft backend.  I think it should basically work, but more commands
> need to be added for ease of use.

Something funny has happened in gaining the new nndraft:draft group.

I didn't know what had been freshly created for me, so I tried to
enter the draft group.  There's nothing there (duh), so qgnus moved on
to the next group with unread messages.  That happened to be
comp.mail.misc, which happened to be showing 5 new messages.  But I
was prompted:

	How many articles from comp.mail.misc (default 747):

If I say `0', it goes on to subequent groups, still looking for the
maximum number of articles available, regardless of the unread count,
until it finds one with a sufficiently small number, which it enters
with all groups showing, instead of just the new ones.

* Re: Quassia Gnus v0.3 is released
@ 1997-09-14 23:07   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-14 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@jprc.com> writes:

> I didn't know what had been freshly created for me, so I tried to
> enter the draft group.  There's nothing there (duh), so qgnus moved on
> to the next group with unread messages.  That happened to be
> comp.mail.misc, which happened to be showing 5 new messages.  But I
> was prompted:
>
> 	How many articles from comp.mail.misc (default 747):

This isn't related to the draft group; it's a more general bug.  Fix
in Quassia Gnus v0.5.