* Tutorial for reading mail with Gnus?
@ 2000-08-21 12:09 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-08-21 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have this little tutorial for reading mail with Gnus, and I think
I'd like to integrate this with the Gnus manual somehow.  Maybe hang
it off of `Getting started reading mail' somehow.

What do you think?

Tutorials main page:
    http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~grossjoh/emacs/tutorials.html

Jump right in:
    http://ls6-www.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/~grossjoh/emacs/tutorials/tutorials_3.html

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Tutorial for reading mail with Gnus?
@ 2000-08-23 12:50 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-08-23 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have this little tutorial for reading mail with Gnus, and I think
> I'd like to integrate this with the Gnus manual somehow.  Maybe hang
> it off of `Getting started reading mail' somehow.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Tutorials main page:
>     http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~grossjoh/emacs/tutorials.html
>
> Jump right in:
>     http://ls6-www.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/~grossjoh/emacs/tutorials/tutorials_3.html

Seems you've brought your ability to explain things in a way that even
inexperienced  people can  follow  to  bear on  a  common problem  and
continuing source of confusion.  I like this tutorial.

A start for including it in gnus documentation would be to include the
whole mail tutorial in one of the messages in  nndoc+gnus-help:gnus-help

* Re: Tutorial for reading mail with Gnus?
@ 2000-08-25  5:08 ` Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2000-08-25  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have this little tutorial for reading mail with Gnus, and I think
> I'd like to integrate this with the Gnus manual somehow. [...]
>
> What do you think?

Yes, please do that. It would be a very valuable help for newcomers.

> Tutorials main page:
>     http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~grossjoh/emacs/tutorials.html

> kai

Robert Epprecht