* default directory for nndraft
@ 1997-09-16  3:27 Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-09-16  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not sure it's a good idea to use ~/Mail/drafts as the default
directory for nndraft's files.  Simply because it's also the default
(in most cases) directory for MH's drafts.  So, there will be a
natural conflict between the two.  Of course both can be changed to
use different directories, but I can see this issue popping up over
and over again, and MH has been around alot longer.

   Jason R. Mastaler                      jason@mastaler.com

* Re: default directory for nndraft
@ 1997-09-16  6:11 ` Darren/Torin/Who Ever...
From: Darren/Torin/Who Ever... @ 1997-09-16  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: default directory for nndraft
@ 1997-09-16 19:51   ` Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-09-16 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Darren/Torin/Who Ever..." <torin@daft.com> writes:

> Here I was hoping that they could co-exist.  My inbox is still nnmh and
> I still use MH to compose or read my inbox at times.  I guess I'll find
> out after this week when I upgrade to the shiny new Quassia.  (Kee-Wah?)
> Right now, I barely have time to breathe.

Well, they can if you take extra measures such as setting
`nndraft-directory' to something other than your MH drafts directory.
That is what I did.  I was just pointing out that the defaults for the
two packages are the same and therefore will conflict if one is not
changed.

@ 1997-09-16 21:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-16 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason R Mastaler <jason@mastaler.com> writes:

> I'm not sure it's a good idea to use ~/Mail/drafts as the default
> directory for nndraft's files.  Simply because it's also the default
> (in most cases) directory for MH's drafts.

Oh, I didn't know that.  I've now changed the default to
"~/Mail/message-drafts".

* Re: default directory for nndraft
@ 1997-09-17  1:11   ` Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-09-17  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I'm not sure it's a good idea to use ~/Mail/drafts as the default
> > directory for nndraft's files.  Simply because it's also the default
> > (in most cases) directory for MH's drafts.
>
> Oh, I didn't know that.  I've now changed the default to
> "~/Mail/message-drafts".

Definitely better.  Although, why not put it in News instead of Mail?
(~/News/message-drafts).  I think this would offer even less conflict
out of the box.  After all, Gnus is primarily a newsreader, and the
draft group is written to when posting as well as mailing.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-17  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason R Mastaler <jason@mastaler.com> writes:

> Definitely better.  Although, why not put it in News instead of Mail?

Yes, why not?  But then it can be called "~/News/drafts", I guess.

* Re: default directory for nndraft
@ 1997-09-17  8:38     ` Darren/Torin/Who Ever...
From: Darren/Torin/Who Ever... @ 1997-09-17  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: default directory for nndraft
@ 1997-09-18  0:36       ` Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-09-18  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Darren/Torin/Who Ever..." <torin@daft.com> writes:

> Well, what I was wondering is why a draft started in qgnus couldn't be
> finished in MH.  It's still mail...I could easily understand the other
> way, but in that case, you start a draft and insert, no biggie.

Yes, I've just tried this and it works.  Although, Gnus still thinks
it can refer to that draft so if you try and continue your draft in
Gnus after sending it with MH you get a "Couldn't restore the article"
error.

@ 1997-09-18  1:38       ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-18  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Darren/Torin/Who Ever..." <torin@daft.com> writes:

> Well, what I was wondering is why a draft started in qgnus couldn't be
> finished in MH.  It's still mail...

Or it may be news.  :-)