* losing mail
@ 1997-07-27 19:42 Michael R Cook
From: Michael R Cook @ 1997-07-27 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just observed what I had always suspected: If gnus is fetching
mail from my `nnmail-spool-file' while mailing is arriving, mail can
be lost.

I was receiving a large file, uuencode and broken up into multiple
messages.  I hit `g' a couple times as the parts were coming in.
One part never showed up in my nnml folder.  But, according to the
log kept by my procmail script, that message *was* stored into my
`nnmail-spool-file'.

Should there be some kind of locking going on between my procmail
script and the gnus nnml backend?  Hmm...