* What is group parameter 'quit-config ?
@ 1997-10-02 14:12 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 1997-10-02 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I was trying to determine how to prevent gnus from going
to next unread group when I exit the summary I run into parameter
'quit-config. I dind't find any documentation for it
from the .texi manual, so what is it used for?

How do I prevent gnus from going to next unread group?

jari

* Re: What is group parameter 'quit-config ?
@ 1997-10-02 14:57 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1997-10-02 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@ntc.nokia.com> writes:

> When I was trying to determine how to prevent gnus from going
> to next unread group when I exit the summary I run into parameter
> 'quit-config. I dind't find any documentation for it
> from the .texi manual, so what is it used for?

Neither did I, and I've never heard of that parameter.

What makes you think that it exists?

> How do I prevent gnus from going to next unread group?

A minute or two in the manual index found the gnus-auto-select-next
parameter.  Take a look at
http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_3.html#IDX501 or just look up that
parameter in your own copy of the texinfo.

--
Justin Sheehy

In a cloud bones of steel.

* Re: What is group parameter 'quit-config ?
@ 1997-10-02 18:59   ` Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 1997-10-02 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

|  97-10-02 Justin Sheehy <justin@linus.mitre.org> list.ding
| > 'quit-config. I dind't find any documentation for it
| > from the .texi manual, so what is it used for?
|
| Neither did I, and I've never heard of that parameter.
|
| What makes you think that it exists?

igrep.el + TinyIgrep.el combo told me that :-)

cd /users/jaalto/elisp/gnus/qgnus/lisp/
find . -type d \( -name SCCS -o -name RCS \) -prune -o \( -type f \) -name "*el" -exec egrep -n  -e 'quit-config' "{}" /dev/null \;

For example there is already method for it:

        ./gnus.el:2222:(defun gnus-group-quit-config (group)

(defun gnus-group-quit-config (group)
  "Return the quit-config of GROUP."
  (gnus-group-get-parameter group 'quit-config))

It seems to be used heavily in "would be" `gnus-summary-exit', which
I was looking previously, but due to definition

        (defalias 'gnus-summary-quit 'gnus-summary-exit-no-update)

The new code isn't activated yet. Sounds intereasting.

| > How do I prevent gnus from going to next unread group?

[Justin: gnus-auto-select-next]

Thank you.

* Re: What is group parameter 'quit-config ?
@ 1997-10-03 22:20 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-03 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@ntc.nokia.com> writes:

> When I was trying to determine how to prevent gnus from going
> to next unread group when I exit the summary I run into parameter
> 'quit-config. I dind't find any documentation for it
> from the .texi manual, so what is it used for?

It's the window configuration to be used when exiting from ephemeral
groups.  It's nothing the user should set.  In fact, adding that group
parameter to a group would probably break Gnus horribly.

> How do I prevent gnus from going to next unread group?

*sigh*  `gnus-auto-select-next'.

The.  Manual.  Is.  There.  For.  A.  Reason.

* Re: What is group parameter 'quit-config ?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-03 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@ntc.nokia.com> writes:

> It seems to be used heavily in "would be" `gnus-summary-exit', which
> I was looking previously, but due to definition
>
>         (defalias 'gnus-summary-quit 'gnus-summary-exit-no-update)
>
> The new code isn't activated yet. Sounds intereasting.

Huh?  `gnus-summary-exit' and `gnus-summary-quit' are not
interchangeable.