* saving attachment crashes xemacs
@ 2000-05-08  0:53 Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-05-08  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a mail message with several attachments which causes xemacs to
crash when I attempt to save the parts.  I would normally say that
this is an xemacs bug, and just send the backtrace to the xemacs people,
but in this case, metamail is having trouble decoding the parts as
well, so there is probably something wrong with the way gnus put the
attachments together as well.  There could be some user error involved
-- that is, it's possible I told gnus that wrong mime type when I did
the attaching.

It's a message from me at work to me at home, in both cases using
relative recent cvs gnusae.  The current one at home is:

$ head ChangeLog

2000-05-05 12:27:53  Shenghuo ZHU  <zsh@cs.rochester.edu>

        * gnus-art.el (article-de-base64-unreadable): New function.
        (gnus-article-de-base64-unreadable): Bind.
        (gnus-article-make-menu-bar): Menu item.
        * gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-wash-map): Bind '6' and 'Z'.
        (gnus-summary-make-menu-bar): Menu item.
        * gnus.el: Autoload.

The date of the message was May 2, so the gnus that sent it was
older than that.

The backtrace is:

 event-window(#<motion-event 304, 338>)
  # bind (frame event)
  default-mouse-motion-handler(#<motion-event 304, 338>)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (inhibit-quit)
  # (condition-case ... . error)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  read-minibuffer-internal("Save MIME part to: ")
  byte-code("..." [recursion-depth minibuffer-depth t standard-input
  standard-output read-minibuffer-internal prompt] 2)
# (catch exit ...)
  # bind (mouse-grabbed-buffer current-prefix-arg minibuffer-history-variable minibuffer-history-position minibuffer-scroll-window)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (_history_ oconfig mconfig frame buffer window oframe owindow dir abbrev-table history readp keymap initial-contents prompt)
  read-from-minibuffer("Save MIME part to: " "~/abcselect.tar.gz" #<keymap read-file-name-map 2 entries 0xd54> nil file-name-history)
  # bind (minibuffer-completion-table minibuffer-completion-predicate minibuffer-completion-confirm last-exact-completion completion-ignore-case insert completer initial-contents must-match default dir prompt history)
  read-file-name-2(file-name-history "Save MIME part to: " "/home/lconrad/abcselect.tar.gz" nil nil nil read-file-name-internal)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (rfhookfun rfcshookfun)
  # (unwind-protect ...)
  # bind (user-data dirwin filewin frame butbuff dirbuff filebuf file-p completer initial-contents must-match default dir prompt history)
  mouse-read-file-name-1(file-name-history "Save MIME part to: " "/home/lconrad/abcselect.tar.gz" nil nil nil read-file-name-internal)
  # bind (completer initial-contents must-match default dir prompt history)
  read-file-name-1(file-name-history "Save MIME part to: " "/home/lconrad/abcselect.tar.gz" nil nil nil read-file-name-internal)
  # bind (history initial-contents must-match default dir prompt)
read-file-name("Save MIME part to: " "/home/lconrad/abcselect.tar.gz")
  # bind (file filename name handle)
  mm-save-part((#<buffer " *mm*<8>"> ("application/octet-stream") base64 nil ("attachment" (filename . "abcselect.tar.gz")) "abcselect" nil nil))
  # bind (data)
  #<compiled-function nil "...(13)" [gnus-article-check-buffer get-text-property gnus-data data mm-save-part] 3 ("/home/lconrad/src/gnus-cvs/gnus/lisp/gnus-art.elc" . 78104) nil>()
  call-interactively(gnus-mime-save-part)
  # bind (response event)
  gnus-mime-button-menu(#<buttondown-event button3>)
  # bind (command-debug-status)
  call-interactively(gnus-mime-button-menu)
  # (condition-case ... . error)
  # (catch top-level ...)

I can send the mail message to anyone who wants to look at it; it's
601540 bytes, so I don't want to clutter the list.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@world.std.com , http://www.world.std.com/~lconrad/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-05-08  0:53 UTC | newest]