* Memory usage?
@ 1997-05-02  0:11 St. Suika Roberts
From: St. Suika Roberts @ 1997-05-02  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently noticed that the current Gnus (5.4.48) eats up huge
amounts of memory.
Today I have noticed that the SIZE (as given by top) has been fluxing
at about 33552, and got up to 41xxx when I was shutting down Gnus.
I had an RSS of 18444 and a DSIZ of 53416 at that time.  It dropped
down to an RSS of 6984 and a DSIZ of 32832 right now.
I'm sort of wondering about the `proper' size for Gnus, as a (just
checked by starting a new emacs) bare emacs with just message and my
.emacs loaded has an RSS of 3216 and a DSIZ of 6780.

Thanks,
	Suika (In case it makes a difference, Linux 2.0.29 and emacs
	19.33 Mule gamma)
--
                   wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
The computer is not mightier than a cup of coffee, or other liquid, or a young

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-05-02  0:11 UTC | newest]