* Using `gnus-extra-headers'
@ 2000-02-13 14:37 Harry Putnam
       [not found] ` <wtnwvo9w3xo.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-02-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

by ognus?

The info pages indicate how this is done but it seems only for certain
headers that are already recognized internally.  My simple code below
displays the headers listed where appropriate:

;;;**** extra header stuff *****
     (setq gnus-extra-headers
           '(To Newsgroups))
     (setq nnmail-extra-headers gnus-extra-headers)
          (setq gnus-ignored-from-addresses
           "Harry Putnam")
;;;***** end extra header ******

Now I want to dispay in the visible headers, a home made "Keywords"
header.  Using the above approach doesn't display that header.  I'm
not interested in having this in Summary buffer format, but want to
be able to use the `/ x' (limit to extra headers) on that (`Keywords: ')
Header.

* Re: Using `gnus-extra-headers'
@ 2000-02-13 15:39 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found] ` <wtnwvo9w3xo.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-02-13 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Now I want to dispay in the visible headers, a home made "Keywords"
> header.  Using the above approach doesn't display that header.  I'm
> not interested in having this in Summary buffer format, but want to
> be able to use the `/ x' (limit to extra headers) on that (`Keywords: ')
> Header.

Adding the header to gnus-extra-headers does _not_ automatically
display it in the article buffer.  See gnus-visible-headers and
gnus-ignored-headers for this.

You should be able to do `/ x' on the keywords header, though, if you
put it in gnus-extra-headers.  Does that work?

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Using `gnus-extra-headers'
       [not found] ` <wtnwvo9w3xo.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-02-13 15:48   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-02-13 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> > How can a user specify an extra header that is not already recognized
> > by ognus?
> [...]
>       (setq gnus-extra-headers
>             '(To Newsgroups Your-Keywords-Word))
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I have a "X-Steverud-Procmailrc" and it works without any problem in
> 5.8.3. I just tried doing a "/x" and it worked.

Well, maybe my post wasn't clear but of course, I've added  "Keywords"
like so:

;;;**** extra header stuff *****
     (setq gnus-extra-headers
           '(To Newsgroups Keywords))
     (setq nnmail-extra-headers gnus-extra-headers)
          (setq gnus-ignored-from-addresses
           "Harry Putnam")
;;;***** end extra header ******

And you are right that the `/ x' limiting function then works on
"Keywords"

I was confusing "visible" headers with "xtra" headers, and was
expecting to see the "Keywords" header appear in article buffer as one
of the "visible" headers.   I've since set that variable like so:

(setq gnus-visible-headers "^From:\\|^Subject:\\|^To:\\|^C[Cc]:\\|^Date:\\|^Message-ID:\\|Newsgroups:\\|^Keywords:")

Still no "Keywords" header appears in article buffer.  Although I can
limit to that header as you point out.