* nnfolder problems
@ 1997-05-18  4:31 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-05-18  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems that Gnus 5.4.52 solves the nnfolder "mis-select" problem,
but it may have caused problems in other circumstances as well.  Some
mail messages may have been misfiled.  I'd suggest grepping through
the nnfolder files looking for X-Gnus-Article-Number lines that have
article numbers that are out of sequence.  These out-of-sequence
messages are probably messages that belong in other folders.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: nnfolder problems
@ 2001-10-17 15:29   ` Matt Ranney
From: Matt Ranney @ 2001-10-17 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@cs.uni-dortmund.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> The easiest way to do that for a couple of files is using `G f'.  Then
> you'll get read-only groups.

The thing is, I have like 50 of these fkles, and new ones are showing
up every week or so.

Either way, I'm guessing its pretty hard.
--
Matt Ranney - mjr@ranney.com

* Re: nnfolder problems
@ 2001-10-17 11:52 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-17 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Matt Ranney <mjr@ranney.com> writes:

> Hi.  I have several folders of archived messages in mbox format that I
> only view every now and then.

The easiest way to do that for a couple of files is using `G f'.  Then
you'll get read-only groups.

kai
--
Linux provides a nice `poweroff' command, but where is `poweron'?

* nnfolder problems
@ 2001-10-17  1:10 Matt Ranney
From: Matt Ranney @ 2001-10-17  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.  I have several folders of archived messages in mbox format that I
only view every now and then.  I would like to keep them in mbox
format, but I don't need to rescan them every time to check for new
mail.  It seems like nnfolder does what I want, but I haven't been
able to make it go.

I already use nnfolder once to save copies of outgoing messages, but
setting it up in what seemed the obvious way doesn't work.  nnfolder
groups show up for nnfolder+archive and function as expected, but no
groups show up for nnfolder+old.  Can I also use nnfolder "old" at the
same time?

Here are the relevant portions of my .emacs...

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnml "mail")
      nnml-directory "~/nnmail/")
      mail-sources '((directory :path "~/mail/" :suffix ".in"))
      gnus-message-archive-method
            '(nnfolder "archive"
		       (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
		       (nnfolder-active-file "~/mail/sent-dir/active")
		       (nnfolder-directory "~/mail/sent-dir/"))
      gnus-secondary-select-methods
            '((nnimap "work"
		       (nnimap-address "localhost")
		       (nnimap-server-port 143)
		       )
	      (nnfolder "old"
			(nnfolder-directory "~/mail/archives")
			(nnfolder-active-file "~mail/archives-active")
			)
	      )
)

Thanks.