* Reseting `read articles' information in Gnus?
@ 1997-09-16 22:55 Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-09-16 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there some convenient way to make Gnus forget all information about
article numbers from a specific server, but keep all other information
like which groups are subscribed?

The news administrator has installed a month old copy of the active
file after a crash, so the newly arrived articles are getting old,
already marked as read, numbers.

* Re: Reseting `read articles' information in Gnus?
@ 1997-09-17  0:29 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1997-09-17  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:
> Is there some convenient way to make Gnus forget all information about
> article numbers from a specific server, but keep all other information
> like which groups are subscribed?

Convenient, no.  Hackable, sure:

C-x ( 1 0 0 0 0 SPC C-a C-SPC M-> M P r M-& M-u q C-x )

Then hit the kbd macro for every such group.  You could probably even
precede it with a prefix argument, of the number of groups you want
corrected.

* Re: Reseting `read articles' information in Gnus?
@ 1997-09-17 12:00   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-09-17 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@jprc.com> writes:

> C-x ( 1 0 0 0 0 SPC C-a C-SPC M-> M P r M-& M-u q C-x )

I don't think this will mark those articles which have not yet arrived
as unread.

* Re: Reseting `read articles' information in Gnus?
@ 1997-09-18  1:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-18  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:

> Is there some convenient way to make Gnus forget all information about
> article numbers from a specific server, but keep all other information
> like which groups are subscribed?

`M-c' (from the group buffer) will clear all marks and read article
ranges from a group, so you can just process-mark the groups you wish
to clear and then use that.