* posting a message with Cc: headers bug
@ 1996-11-06 21:44 Eric Hendrickson
From: Eric Hendrickson @ 1996-11-06 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to post a message to a newsgroup just now, and as an
afterthought I decided to try adding some Cc: headers, as the message
would be useful to have directed to a few people by mail as well.  I
remember something in Gnus about a Courtesy Message feature that did
something like this, so I also was thinking I'd see if this was the
way to do that.

Well, XEmacs went through the standard warnings about lines longer
than 79 characters and the presence of control characters, and then
just hung there.  truss showed that it tried to do this several times,
apparently unsuccessfully:

unlink("/home/cbc/edh/.saves-23201-club.med.umn.edu") Err#2 ENOENT

It might have been in a loop.  In any case, I gave up and hit C-g,
removed the Cc: header and then did C-c C-c again.  This time it got
posted.  What is the correct way to get a news posting simultaneously
mailed to someone?  And maybe what I did indicates a bug somewhere.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

		--eric
--
It's important that people know what you stand for.
It's more important that they know what you won't stand for.

* Re: posting a message with Cc: headers bug
@ 1996-11-06 22:47 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-11-06 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric> What is the correct way to get a news posting simultaneously
Eric> mailed to someone?  And maybe what I did indicates a bug
Eric> somewhere.  Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

You need to add a To: header not a Cc: header.  `Mail-Copies-To:
somewhere' doesn't appear to get this right either.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: posting a message with Cc: headers bug
@ 1996-11-06 23:56   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1996-11-06 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L. Baur (steve@miranova.com) wrote:
> You need to add a To: header not a Cc: header.  `Mail-Copies-To:
> somewhere' doesn't appear to get this right either.

Interesting -- it used to work to add a `Cc:' header in Gnus. :(

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: posting a message with Cc: headers bug
@ 1996-11-07 16:12     ` Sten Drescher
From: Sten Drescher @ 1996-11-07 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrv> Steven L. Baur (steve@miranova.com) wrote:
>> You need to add a To: header not a Cc: header.  `Mail-Copies-To:
>> somewhere' doesn't appear to get this right either.

Hrv> Interesting -- it used to work to add a `Cc:' header in Gnus. :(

	And it worked for me yesterday in rgnus 0.53 on XEmacs 19.14.

--
+----------------------  Tivoli Customer Support  ----------------------+
|   Sten Drescher                     Tivoli Systems, Inc               |

* Re: posting a message with Cc: headers bug
@ 1996-11-08 20:35       ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-11-08 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

sb> You need to add a To: header not a Cc: header.  `Mail-Copies-To:
sb> somewhere' doesn't appear to get this right either.

Hrv> Interesting -- it used to work to add a `Cc:' header in Gnus. :(

Sten> 	And it worked for me yesterday in rgnus 0.53 on XEmacs 19.14.

Let me amend my statement.  It didn't work the last time I tried it,
but that was some time ago.  It worked perfectly when I just tested
it, so the original problem is something else.  :-(