* Qgnus 0.11 and moving files to nnfolder ...troubles
@ 1997-09-27 19:18 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 1997-09-27 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Scenario:
        - G f an existing mail file (Gnus detects it as nndoc) A
        - G m new group B
        - Go to A and mark all MPb and try to copy Bc all  to B

        -->

        File mail-e changed on disk.  Reread from disk? (y or n)

        In my case the test file B is in ~/Mail

   0 -rw-------   1 jaalto     nms              0 Sep 27 22:09 mail-e

        Okay, eventually I go the articles copied. Suppose I now continue
        I have an empty nnml mail.emacs which only has .overview file
        left. That's ok. I do not have the group name in *Group*
        any more.

        Next, I want to rename mail-e to mail.emacs, but that can't be done
        Gnus says:

            Couldn't rename group nnfolder:mail-e to nnfolder:mail.emacs

        It would be nice if gnus would ask

            "An empty nnml:mail.emacs exists, Delete before renaming?"

        Jari

* Re: Qgnus 0.11 and moving files to nnfolder ...troubles
@ 1997-10-03 21:46 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-03 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@ntc.nokia.com> writes:

> Couldn't rename group nnfolder:mail-e to nnfolder:mail.emacs
>
> It would be nice if gnus would ask
>
> "An empty nnml:mail.emacs exists, Delete before renaming?"

No.  If you want to delete the empty group, delete it.