* The server buffer layout: displaying the "get mail" status?
@ 1997-10-01 13:20 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 1997-10-01 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Does anyone know how to display the "1/0" if the current server
        is defined so that it is allowed to get new mail? my server buffer
        example is attached.

        The manual says that the %u specifier is respected in every line
        line format (gnus-server-line-format) , so I could use eg %uS
        to show the additional server status. The problem is: When the
        gnus calls

                gnus-user-format-function-S

        inside that function, how do I get the parameters defined for the
        server whose line is currently beeing constructed? I don't know
        yet how to use Gnus's internal functions fluently.

        For nnfolder servers, it should look into variable
        nnfolder-get-new-mail and so on for the other backends.

        Anyone?

     {nntp:uta} (closed)
     {nnspool:cache} (closed)
     {nnfolder:mbox} (closed)
     {nnfolder:local-news} (closed)
     {nnfolder:nmail} (closed)
     {nnfolder:archive} (closed)
     {nnfolder:nnfspool} (opened)
        ..and so on

* Re: The server buffer layout: displaying the "get mail" status?
@ 1997-10-03 22:12 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-03 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@ntc.nokia.com> writes:

> The manual says that the %u specifier is respected in every line
> line format (gnus-server-line-format) , so I could use eg %uS
> to show the additional server status. The problem is: When the
> gnus calls
>
> gnus-user-format-function-S
>
> inside that function, how do I get the parameters defined for the
> server whose line is currently beeing constructed?

The variable `method' is bound when that function is called when
generating server mode lines.