* International nnweb..
@ 1996-12-02  8:10 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-12-02  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uhm now when a big company in sweden has fired up a mirror of
altavista (www.altavista.telia.com), maybe it is time to start giving
some parameter to nnweb so I can tell wich altavista I wanna search on
(yep it _is_ faster than the REAL(tm) thing)

	/Andy

--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.

--JAA04307.849514245/claymore.fukt.hk-r.se--

* Re: International nnweb..
@ 1996-12-02 23:32 ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1996-12-02 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"andy" == Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

andy> Uhm now when a big company in sweden has fired up a mirror of
andy> altavista (www.altavista.telia.com), maybe it is time to start
andy> giving some parameter to nnweb so I can tell wich altavista I
andy> wanna search on (yep it _is_ faster than the REAL(tm) thing)

Yeah.  Australia's had one for a while too -
www.altavista.yellowpages.com.au

andy> /Andy

Andrew (sometimes also called Andy :)
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff - Network Software Dude, Monash (Clayton) - PGP/MIME Ok -
 ajc@bing.wattle.id.au  http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~ajc  +61 3 9905 1165

* Re: International nnweb..
@ 1996-12-05 18:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-12-05 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> Uhm now when a big company in sweden has fired up a mirror of
> altavista (www.altavista.telia.com), maybe it is time to start giving
> some parameter to nnweb so I can tell wich altavista I wanna search on
> (yep it _is_ faster than the REAL(tm) thing)

Well -- we could just add it to `nnweb-type-definition' as
`altavista-sweden' or something.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen