* Global scoring?
@ 1997-10-07  0:21 Graham Hughes
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Graham Hughes @ 1997-10-07  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Global scoring?
@ 1997-10-07  2:33 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1997-10-07  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Hughes <graham.hughes@resnet.ucsb.edu> writes:
> I remember the possibility of applying the L/U commands to the global
> score file; did this ever make it into the source?

V c all.score RET

`V c' is gnus-score-change-score-file.

* Re: Global scoring?
@ 1997-10-07  4:22   ` hardaker
From: hardaker @ 1997-10-07  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Karl> V c all.score RET

Karl> `V c' is gnus-score-change-score-file.

Yeah, but it would be nicer to change it only for a single score
setting.  I actually tried for 5 mins. to write a hack to call this
before calling the scoring commands and then change it back aftwards,
but it still got saved in the group specific file.   Never got a
chance to check into it further, and last time I had asked Lars he
wasn't interested in doing it himself...

It would certainly be nice though, you are right.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* GNUS and authentication
@ 1997-10-07 10:35 ` Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren
From: Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren @ 1997-10-07 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the following:

(defun nntp-send-authinfo ()
  "Send the AUTHINFO to the nntp server.
This function is supposed to be called from `nntp-server-opened-hook'."
  (cond
   ((string-match "nntp.uio.no" nntp-address)
    (message "opening nntp.uio.no")
    (nntp-send-command "^.*\r?\n" "AUTHINFO USER" "*")
    (nntp-send-command "^.*\r?\n" "AUTHINFO PASS" "*")
    (message "opened nntp.uio.no"))))

[actual user and password replaced by "*"]

Emacs says "opened nntp.uio.no", then hangs.  as a matter of fact,
this has been the behavior since early versions of DING.

I'm behind a firewall, which unfortunately means a) this can be part of
the problem b) it's difficult to get other people to look at this
directly.

any suggestions, anyway?

--

       Rolf Lindgren           |       "The opinions expressed above are
       Sofienberggt. 13b       |        not necessarily those of anyone"

* Re: Global scoring?
@ 1997-10-12 19:28 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-12 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Hughes <graham.hughes@resnet.ucsb.edu> writes:

> I remember the possibility of applying the L/U commands to the global
> score file (Lars, you had the very flavorful idea of `L M', as Lower
> Moron...); did this ever make it into the source?

Yes.  The scoring commands take the `a' symbolic prefix to use the
"all.SCORE" file for the current scoring command.  `L M' can be
implemented as `M-u a L a s p RET'.

* Re: GNUS and authentication
@ 1997-10-12 19:30   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-12 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren <roffe@tag.uio.no> writes:

> (defun nntp-send-authinfo ()

[...]

> Emacs says "opened nntp.uio.no", then hangs.  as a matter of fact,
> this has been the behavior since early versions of DING.

What is your `nntp-server-opened-hook' variable?