* Groups within groups, or Digests++
@ 1996-12-01 22:24 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-12-01 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yo!

I've been thinking (what a rare event :) and here's what I came up
with: I often keep old articles around in a group for some reason.  If
there are several of those it makes the group large which in turn
slows down entering the group.  Now there's this digests feature.

WIBNI one could just process-mark a number of articles and say "make
these a digest and put the digest in the current group"?  This is
already possible using "S O m" and the Gcc header.  But what if a new
message arrives some time later that I'd like to put in the digest,
too?  Would it be hard to make something that lets me add messages to
a digest?

I think I'll have to investigate using dormant articles for this
(they're there but not displayed, so they don't slow down summary
generation), but I'm kind of afraid that I can't see 'em makes me
forget about 'em.

kai
--
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte

* Re: Groups within groups, or Digests++
@ 1996-12-05 18:46 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-12-05 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@ls6.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> WIBNI one could just process-mark a number of articles and say "make
> these a digest and put the digest in the current group"?  This is
> already possible using "S O m" and the Gcc header.  But what if a new
> message arrives some time later that I'd like to put in the digest,
> too?  Would it be hard to make something that lets me add messages to
> a digest?

In general -- yes.  I've thought about making nndoc be able to modify
its contents, and it seems like a lot of work for me.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen