From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
Subject: Re: future wishes - ACAP and LDAP support
Date: 04 Oct 1997 00:10:10 +0200	[thread overview]

Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren <roffe@tag.uio.no> writes:

> I'd like GNUS to be able to read Microsoft Exchange mail.  So I could
> throw out Outlook.

If someone writes code for talking MAPI, I'll install it in Gnus.

Which reminds me -- the overhaul of the mail fetching code.  There are
two things I want to add:

1) A greater flexibility in specifying how mail is to be fetched.  For
instance, you may have several POP maildrops with different user names
and passwords, as well and local mail spools, MAPI servers, Qmail
spools and other animals.  We need a way to specify this.

2) Instead of the current model, where (basically) nnmail pushes *all*
the mail out the the first mail backend that happens to come alive, we
should have a way of saying "this mail goes to that backend, and that
mail to this backend".  Or rather, the mail backends should be able to
specify which mail they want to have incorporated into themselves.

Ideas?