* catchup and auto-expire?
@ 2003-06-28 15:10 Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 2003-06-28 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

At one point I *thought* that if one did a catchup ('c' from Group
buffer), and that group had auto-expire set to t, then all those
unread articles were marked with 'E' instead of 'O'.  Maybe I'm
remembering incorrectly?  Anyway, I notice recently when I use 'c'
on such a group all the messages are marked 'O'.  I guess I could
use total-expire, but I was wondering if there was another catchup
command I could use instead?

--
Amos

* Re: catchup and auto-expire?
@ 2003-10-17 22:30 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-17 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.ding@utdallas.edu> writes:

> At one point I *thought* that if one did a catchup ('c' from Group
> buffer), and that group had auto-expire set to t, then all those
> unread articles were marked with 'E' instead of 'O'.

No, I don't think that was ever implemented...

* Re: catchup and auto-expire?
@ 2003-11-06 22:30   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-11-06 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.ding@utdallas.edu> writes:
>
>> At one point I *thought* that if one did a catchup ('c' from Group
>> buffer), and that group had auto-expire set to t, then all those
>> unread articles were marked with 'E' instead of 'O'.
>
> No, I don't think that was ever implemented...

???

I've seen it!  I'm sure I've seen it!

Hm.  Though I might have done the `c' from the summary buffer, not the
group buffer.

Amos, does that make a difference?

Kai

* Re: catchup and auto-expire?
@ 2003-11-07 13:43     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-11-07 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 06 2003, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>> Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.ding@utdallas.edu> writes:
>>> At one point I *thought* that if one did a catchup ('c' from Group
>>> buffer), and that group had auto-expire set to t, then all those
>>> unread articles were marked with 'E' instead of 'O'.
>>
>> No, I don't think that was ever implemented...
>
> ???
>
> I've seen it!  I'm sure I've seen it!

Me too!

> Hm.  Though I might have done the `c' from the summary buffer, not the
> group buffer.

It works from both, the group and the summary buffer.

> Amos, does that make a difference?

It should *not* make a difference, IMHO.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: catchup and auto-expire?
@ 2003-11-09 18:03       ` James H.Cloos Jr.
From: James H.Cloos Jr. @ 2003-11-09 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai> Hm.  Though I might have done the `c' from the summary buffer, not
Kai> the group buffer.

Reiner> It works from both, the group and the summary buffer.
Reiner> It should *not* make a difference, IMHO.

The only difference is whether the old E-marked aticles are expired.
If I use 'c' in Summary automatic expiry is done, but if I use it in
Group I have to manually do C-c C-x to force an expiry run.

-JimC