* I want my C-c C-c back!
@ 2002-04-29  1:22 Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2002-04-29  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using oort from the latest CVS under XEmacs 21.4, and I have lost
my C-c C-c binding for message-send-and-exit.  I went looking in the
source, and I found the following fragment in message.el:

    (unless message-mode-map
      (setq message-mode-map (make-keymap))
      (set-keymap-parent message-mode-map text-mode-map)

Inside this form C-c C-c is bound to message-send-and-exit, so I guess
that when this form is executed, message-mode-map is non-nil.

When I build gnus from source and copy it into my site-packages
directory, I run make install and then I run the following command in
order to generate autoloads:

    xemacs -vanilla -batch -eval "(setq autoload-package-name \"gnus\")" -f batch-update-directory .

If I remove this auto-autoloads file from the lisp/gnus directory and
then start gnus [via (load-library "gnus") M-x gnus], then C-c C-c is
correctly bound, apparently because message-mode-map is nil when the
relevant code is executed in message.el.

So it looks to me like something in my auto-autoloads.el file is
causing message-mode-map to be defined, and this, in turn is
preventing the default message-mode-map from being set correctly.

I have attached the auto-autoloads.el file here in case it is of any
use: