* Auto-expire leads to unlabeled messages
@ 2022-01-13 18:47 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2022-01-13 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Beta Testers

  Hello,

I'm getting back to that issue that I reported last week about a lot of
messages ending up being unlabeled in Gmail, because I have new
information. I've just discovered that (at least on one group, but
probably in general), it is the auto-expiry which does that.

I've just witnessed Gnus auto-expiring messages upon leaving a group
(with auto-expire set to 1 day), and the expired messages, rather than
being deleted (nnmail-expiry-target is 'delete'), became immediately
visible in gmail as has:nouserlabels.

Any hint on how to debug this appreciated. FWIW, this is Gnus 5.13 /
Emacs 27.1 on a rather old Mac running High Sierra.

Thanks.

--
@-quartet / ¡En Seguida! live au Sunside, 9 Février 2022, 21h30 !
https://www.sunset-sunside.com/2022/2/artiste/2101/7899/

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info

* Re: Auto-expire leads to unlabeled messages
@ 2022-01-16  5:22 ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2022-01-16  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Didier Verna, ding

Didier Verna <didier@didierverna.net> writes:

> I've just witnessed Gnus auto-expiring messages upon leaving a group
> (with auto-expire set to 1 day), and the expired messages, rather than
> being deleted (nnmail-expiry-target is 'delete'), became immediately
> visible in gmail as has:nouserlabels.

I think this is expected behavior. See
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail#h5o-15 .

Have you tried

(setq nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")

It might work for you.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB

* Re: Auto-expire leads to unlabeled messages
@ 2022-01-16 10:59   ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2022-01-16 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Newell; +Cc: ding

Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net> wrote:

> I think this is expected behavior. See
> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail#h5o-15 .
>
> Have you tried
>
> (setq nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")
>
> It might work for you.

  Jeeze, thanks. I can't believe I've missed that for the last... 15
  years?! :-O