* Dumping the Message-ID, subjects, or whatever to file..
@ 1997-03-19 10:54 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1997-03-19 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am I the only one who think that it would be nice to allow another
program grab the bigger articles while I continue to browse with my
gnus??

Sometimes I want to grab a huge bunch of large articles from one or
two newsgroups (hmm smells abpe here doesn't it ;-), and I hate
blocking my gnus for this, yes I know I am running two emacsen with
one as slave but..

What I would like was a function 'dump info about selected articles to
file', that could write newsgroup messageid to a file so I could start
a batch-job (no need to be emacsen here) later on that grabs these?

Any ideas thoughts?

	/Andy

--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.

* Re: Dumping the Message-ID, subjects, or whatever to file..
@ 1997-03-19 12:47 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-03-19 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> Sometimes I want to grab a huge bunch of large articles from one or
> two newsgroups (hmm smells abpe here doesn't it ;-), and I hate
> blocking my gnus for this, yes I know I am running two emacsen with
> one as slave but..

For browsing alt.binaries.pictures.furniture (that's the group you
were talking about, right?), I find aub more convenient than Gnus.

* Re: Dumping the Message-ID, subjects, or whatever to file..
@ 1997-03-19 13:39 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-19 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> What I would like was a function 'dump info about selected articles to
> file', that could write newsgroup messageid to a file so I could start
> a batch-job (no need to be emacsen here) later on that grabs these?

Well, writing such a function wouldn't be much work -- just go through
the process marked articles and, well, extract the Message-IDs and
write them to a file.  It's just a small matter of programming.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Dumping the Message-ID, subjects, or whatever to file..
@ 1997-03-19 13:57   ` Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1997-03-19 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Andy Eskilsson, ding

/ Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> wrote:

| For browsing alt.binaries.pictures.furniture (that's the group you
| were talking about, right?), I find aub more convenient than Gnus.

UH yes yes :-) thats the group how could you guess?

Ahh well basically the reason to why I don't want to run aub is that I
don't want all the articles, I just want the ones I have selected..

At the moment I dump the Summary buffer to a file, strip everything
except the subjects I am interested in and put that through a small
python script.

Ahh well works for me so far..

	/Andy