* Feature request: auto updating archive groups
@ 1996-12-05  0:03 Shane Holder
From: Shane Holder @ 1996-12-05  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use mail archiving, and I just went looking for some mail that I had
sent today only to find that it wasn't in my archive group.  The
reason was because I hadn't updated (M-g) that group since sending the
mail.  It seems that it should be possible for gnus to automatically
update a group if it sees that it has changed.

Also I find the fact that M-g (gnus-topic-get-new-news-this-topic)
goes to the next group rather annoying, I think that it should stay on
the group/topic it just updated.

MHO's.

--
Shane Holder                                 e-mail: holder@rsn.hp.com
Hewlett Packard                               phone:     (214)497-4182

* Re: Feature request: auto updating archive groups
@ 1996-12-05  0:31 ` David Moore
From: David Moore @ 1996-12-05  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shane Holder <holder@mordor.rsn.hp.com> writes:
> Also I find the fact that M-g (gnus-topic-get-new-news-this-topic)
> goes to the next group rather annoying, I think that it should stay on
> the group/topic it just updated.

	Yeah, that is rather annoying. :)

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu>       | Computer Systems Lab      __o
UCSD Dept. Computer Science - 0114  | Work: (619) 534-8604    _ \<,_

* Re: Feature request: auto updating archive groups
@ 1996-12-05 19:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-12-05 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shane Holder <holder@mordor.rsn.hp.com> writes:

> I use mail archiving, and I just went looking for some mail that I had
> sent today only to find that it wasn't in my archive group.  The
> reason was because I hadn't updated (M-g) that group since sending the
> mail.  It seems that it should be possible for gnus to automatically
> update a group if it sees that it has changed.

But Gnus doesn't know that the group has been updated.

> Also I find the fact that M-g (gnus-topic-get-new-news-this-topic)
> goes to the next group rather annoying, I think that it should stay on
> the group/topic it just updated.

Did you really doubt that there was a
`gnus-goto-next-group-when-activating' variable to control the
behavior of this command?  :-)

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Feature request: auto updating archive groups
@ 1996-12-06 17:57   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-12-06 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> Did you really doubt that there was a
Lars> `gnus-goto-next-group-when-activating' variable to control the
Lars> behavior of this command?  :-)

Cool.  So many variables to customize, so little time ... :-)
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.