* Gnus issues with exchange 2003
@ 2010-11-17 14:54 Henrik Grindal Bakken
From: Henrik Grindal Bakken @ 2010-11-17 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi.  At work, I'm stuck with an exchange 2003 server, which I've been
living relatively peacefully with for a while (or perhaps in a truce),
but today I upgraded my emacs (from the git clone of the bzr tree),
giving me a fresh gnus version (it claims 5.13).

Now, this has caused all sorts of problems, not only with the exchange
server.

First question first:
I have this setup
     (setq secondary-select-methods
        '((nnimap "uio"
                   (nnimap-stream ssl)
                   (nnimap-address "localhost")
                   (nnimap-server-port 10993)
                   (nnir-search-engine imap)
                   (imap-username "x"))
           (nnimap "gmail"
                   (nnimap-address "localhost")
                   (nnimap-server-port 10994)
                   (nnimap-stream ssl)
                   (nnir-search-engine imap)
                   (imap-username "y@gmail.com"))
           (nnimap "cisco"
                   (nnimap-address "email.cisco.com")
                   (nnimap-stream ssl)
                   (nnir-search-engine imap)
                   (imap-username "z"))
           (nnimap "tandberg"
                   (nnimap-address "some-internal-imap")
                   (nnimap-stream network)
		   ;(nnimap-stream ssl)
                   (nnir-search-engine imap)
                   (imap-username "xyz"))))

This used to work very well, and the different usernames where used by
default on the different servers.  With the new nnimap, I get asked
for username for each server, and it will always default to my unix
username.  This I could live with (at least if using .authinfo.gpg),
but one problem is that for the "gmail" server, it doesn't ask at all,
it just reuses the username/password from the "uio" server.

Second problem:
On the "tandberg" server, there are lots and lots of shared folders.
Previously, gnus used to find all of them, and I'd deselect them, but
now it finds some 6 or 7 folders in the same subfolder, and nothing
else, most notably my INBOX.

I tried to do a 'a01 LIST "" "*"', and the server responds with lots
and lots of folders.

The *imap log* buffer tells me little.  It has:

14:52:34 393 LIST "" "*"
14:52:35 394 EXAMINE "Public Folders/..."
with the last line repeated (with 395, 396, etc) for a dozen or so
folders, but none of the ones I actually want.

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no>
PGP ID: 8D436E52

* Re: Gnus issues with exchange 2003
@ 2010-11-18  9:31 ` Henrik Grindal Bakken
From: Henrik Grindal Bakken @ 2010-11-18  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Hi.  At work, I'm stuck with an exchange 2003 server, which I've been
> living relatively peacefully with for a while (or perhaps in a truce),
> but today I upgraded my emacs (from the git clone of the bzr tree),
> giving me a fresh gnus version (it claims 5.13).
>
> Now, this has caused all sorts of problems, not only with the exchange
> server.

 [snip]

> This used to work very well, and the different usernames where used
> by default on the different servers.  With the new nnimap, I get
> asked for username for each server, and it will always default to my
> unix username.  This I could live with (at least if using
> .authinfo.gpg), but one problem is that for the "gmail" server, it
> doesn't ask at all, it just reuses the username/password from the
> "uio" server.

This was solved by way of using "uio" and "gmail" instead of
"localhost" in the .authinfo.gpg file.

> Second problem:
> On the "tandberg" server, there are lots and lots of shared folders.
> Previously, gnus used to find all of them, and I'd deselect them, but
> now it finds some 6 or 7 folders in the same subfolder, and nothing
> else, most notably my INBOX.
>
> I tried to do a 'a01 LIST "" "*"', and the server responds with lots
> and lots of folders.
>
> The *imap log* buffer tells me little.  It has:
>
> 14:52:34 393 LIST "" "*"
> 14:52:35 394 EXAMINE "Public Folders/..."
> with the last line repeated (with 395, 396, etc) for a dozen or so
> folders, but none of the ones I actually want.

Still at a loss here, though.

--

@ 2010-11-21  4:54   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-21  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no> writes:

>> Second problem:
>> On the "tandberg" server, there are lots and lots of shared folders.
>> Previously, gnus used to find all of them, and I'd deselect them, but
>> now it finds some 6 or 7 folders in the same subfolder, and nothing
>> else, most notably my INBOX.

[...]

> Still at a loss here, though.

`^' to the server buffer, and then `RET' on the server in question.
Does that list all the folders?

* Re: Gnus issues with exchange 2003
@ 2010-11-22 13:24     ` Henrik Grindal Bakken
From: Henrik Grindal Bakken @ 2010-11-22 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no> writes:
>
>>> Second problem:
>>> On the "tandberg" server, there are lots and lots of shared folders.
>>> Previously, gnus used to find all of them, and I'd deselect them, but
>>> now it finds some 6 or 7 folders in the same subfolder, and nothing
>>> else, most notably my INBOX.
>
> [...]
>
>> Still at a loss here, though.
>
> `^' to the server buffer, and then `RET' on the server in question.
> Does that list all the folders?

No.  A note here is that gnus previously used to bitch and complain
for quite a while on startup (or if I typed 'b' (bogus groups stuff))
with some error messages I can't quite remember, but which indicated
some garbage at end of command on the server's end.

I think it was related to strangely named public folders.  I have now
migrated to a new exchange server (still 2003), and it does not have
lots and lots of strange public folders, and it works just fine.

(They didn't migrate my emails, though, so I'd still like to reach the
old server, but using offlineimap and friends, it's not such a big
deal anymore.)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-24 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb@ifi.uio.no> writes:

>> `^' to the server buffer, and then `RET' on the server in question.
>> Does that list all the folders?
>
> No.

After you `RET' the server, look in the "*nnimap <server> ...*" buffer
and mail me the contents.