* End of headers/start of body marker
@ 2001-12-30  9:31 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-30  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

After having run with maximum picons and x-face for a while, I notice
that I'm having difficulty finding the start of the body of the
messages.  My eyes seem to be used to going to the first blank line in
the article buffer, but now there's quite a few "blank" lines in the
headers themselves, due to the bigousity of the picons and the
x-face.

Would some sort of boundary marker between the headers and the body be
a good idea?  A thick horizontal line?

* Re: End of headers/start of body marker
@ 2001-12-30 10:12 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-30 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Would some sort of boundary marker between the headers and the body be
> a good idea?  A thick horizontal line?

I first tried with a line of "____", which was quite nice, but it
broke stuff.  (If I put it in the headers, replying didn't work, and
if I put it in the body, it was yanked when replying.  Either problem
could probably be fixed with a bit of work.)

So I switched to a line of spaces -- black, if on a light background,
and white if on a dark background.  And it looks horrible.  It's
so... brutal.

Anyway.  I'm going to bed.  If anybody doesn't make the separator
pretty before I wake, I'll... twiddle it a bit myself.