* get uri at point suddenly missing from Article mode
@ 2013-07-04  0:22 James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2013-07-04  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

After my most recent rebuild:

   repository:               http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git
   updating from commit:     9cd19667eb3ce2fb021bf294cb50ea648341f2f3
   to commit:                d2b32dc6b962e1944214815e5a136339fa21e568

and emacs:

   from:  Revision: 113139
     to:  Revision: 113246

the u key no longer grabs the <a> url when on a highlighted link.

A side effect of moving shr out of gnus?

In this version I can't even determine what the function was which
provided that.  apropos "at-point" shows nothing of interest.

Should I expect it to work on my next pulls, given yesterday's all-
synced-up announcement?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

* Re: get uri at point suddenly missing from Article mode
@ 2013-07-04  1:10 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2013-07-04  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

James Cloos wrote:
> the u key no longer grabs the <a> url when on a highlighted link.

2013-06-25  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@gnus.org>

	* net/shr.el (shr-map): Change `shr-copy-url' from `u' to `w' to
	be more consistent with Info and dired.

* Re: get uri at point suddenly missing from Article mode
@ 2013-07-04  9:54   ` James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2013-07-04  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katsumi Yamaoka; +Cc: ding

> 	* net/shr.el (shr-map): Change `shr-copy-url' from `u' to `w' to
> 	be more consistent with Info and dired.

That works for text/html blobs, but not for highlighted URLs in
non-html blobs.  And the lack of mnemonic value will make that
a hard key to remember. ☹

Any idea which function was grabbing non-<a> URIs via u?

-JimC
--

@ 2013-07-04 17:27     ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2013-07-04 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Cloos; +Cc: Katsumi Yamaoka, ding

James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> writes:

> Any idea which function was grabbing non-<a> URIs via u?

gnus-article-copy-string (look for the keymap overlay on the string).

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: get uri at point suddenly missing from Article mode
@ 2013-07-07 19:21       ` James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2013-07-07 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: Katsumi Yamaoka, ding

JC>> Any idea which function was grabbing non-<a> URIs via u?

AS> gnus-article-copy-string (look for the keymap overlay on the string).

I don't know what I was doing wrong the other night, u works fine now.

Except, of course, where w is now required. ;^/

Thanks.

-JimC

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-01 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Cloos; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Katsumi Yamaoka, ding

James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> writes:

> I don't know what I was doing wrong the other night, u works fine now.

My fault.  I shouldn't have removed the `u' command -- I should just
have added the `w' keystroke.  So I backed out the change.

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php