* nnimap flags are wrong when reading with a different gnus
@ 2010-10-10 18:22 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-10-10 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On the latest git pull nnimap flags are wrong when reading from a
different gnus than the one first reading the message.

Articles that have been read on one gnus, show up in a different gnus as
new and unread.  Articles that are ticked by one gnus shows up on a
different gnus as read (and unticked).

Is this an expected transitional thing?  Ie. the stuff mentioned about
flags not being set correctly?  Or is it a real bug?

Real old tick marks seems preserved on all gnusen.  It's only the email
that have arrived from Thursday on, that have been affected.

The nnimap server is dovecot 1.2.13 (specifically the
backports.debian.org version for lenny: 1:1.2.13-1~bpo50+1), which
supports QRESYNC (or so it tells the one asking it for capabilities).

Could it be related to the latest QRESYNC changes?

Tell me what you need of debug information and I will try to deliver.

* Re: nnimap flags are wrong when reading with a different gnus
@ 2010-10-10 19:04 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-10 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> On the latest git pull nnimap flags are wrong when reading from a
> different gnus than the one first reading the message.
>
> Articles that have been read on one gnus, show up in a different gnus as
> new and unread.  Articles that are ticked by one gnus shows up on a
> different gnus as read (and unticked).

Hm.

> Could it be related to the latest QRESYNC changes?

It could be.  `M-g' will do a total non-QRESYNC sync.  Does `M-g' on a
group return you to the correct state?