* Correcting recipient addresses
@ 2002-09-06 11:43 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-06 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have groups where I often need to type `S W' to get messages to the
right recipients.  But out of habit, I often type `F' instead.

I can do `C-c C-t' from the message buffer to add the author of the
original message to the To header, but is there something that allows
me to add all of the people that `S W' would have added?

If not, it would be a cool feature.

kai

* Re: Correcting recipient addresses
@ 2002-12-29 18:26 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-12-29 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have groups where I often need to type `S W' to get messages to the
> right recipients.  But out of habit, I often type `F' instead.
>
> I can do `C-c C-t' from the message buffer to add the author of the
> original message to the To header, but is there something that allows
> me to add all of the people that `S W' would have added?
>
> If not, it would be a cool feature.

I've now added this, but we're running out of keystrokes under
`C-c C-WHATEVER'.  I put it on `C-c C-p', which is totally
unintuitive, so if anybody has a better idea...

* Re: Correcting recipient addresses
@ 2002-12-29 18:49   ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2002-12-29 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I've now added this, but we're running out of keystrokes under
> `C-c C-WHATEVER'.  I put it on `C-c C-p', which is totally
> unintuitive, so if anybody has a better idea...

How about adding C-c C-2 C-letter for "second row" functions (the
functions which are used often are easy accessible and those which are
needed more seldom have a longer but still easy to remember keystroke)

--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

* Re: Correcting recipient addresses
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-12-29 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Schmitt <usereplyto@Frank-Schmitt.net> writes:

> How about adding C-c C-2 C-letter for "second row" functions (the
> functions which are used often are easy accessible and those which are
> needed more seldom have a longer but still easy to remember keystroke)

`C-c C-2' would be kinda unusual for an Emacs key sequence.  `C-c C-f
C-letter' would be more normal (and is used, actually, in Message
mode).