* nnvirtual marking articles as read?
@ 2000-01-19 22:39 John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2000-01-19 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone else seen the following?

 1. I create a new virtual group, "news.gnu.emacs", using G V.

 2. I add to it about eight different Emacs groups, using # to mark
    them all, and G v to add them to news.gnu.emacs.

 3. I count up the non-repeating articles in the eight Emacs groups.
    There are 77 articles.

 4. I press M-g on the new virtual group, and it reads 77.  Everything
    looks good so far.

 5. Then I press `g'.  I'm using the gnus-agent, btw.  Pgnus goes out,
    and updates all the groups.  **And then, for some reason I can't
    discern, the count on news.gnu.emacs drops to 45**, and the unread
    counts on the eight Emacs groups drop as well.

 6. I find that 16 threads have been dropped out as "read".  One of
    the threads is titled "Disable wordwrap".  I can't find any
    reference to that text in either my SCORE files, or my ADAPTive
    score files.

 7. Why in the world does having an nnvirtual group on a newsgroup
    cause Pgnus to silently mark some threads as read?

* Re: nnvirtual marking articles as read?
@ 2000-04-21 12:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Wiegley <johnw@gnu.org> writes:

>  7. Why in the world does having an nnvirtual group on a newsgroup
>     cause Pgnus to silently mark some threads as read?

It shouldn't.  Are you still seeing this bug?