* cyrillic fonts for gnus (Xemacs)
@ 2003-04-16 22:09 Frank Tegtmeyer
From: Frank Tegtmeyer @ 2003-04-16 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am currently lost - I switched from SuSE Linux to Gentoo - now the
fonts for my cyrillic newsletters (koi8-r) are not decoded correctly.
The cyrillic FontPath is included in XF86Config-4.

Google doesn't give any useful hints (besides pages that are in
Russian and not displayed correctly :)

Any quick help?

Regards, Frank

* Re: cyrillic fonts for gnus (Xemacs)
@ 2003-04-16 22:33 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-04-16 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Tegtmeyer <fte-sub-ding-gnus@fte.to> writes:

> I am currently lost - I switched from SuSE Linux to Gentoo - now the
> fonts for my cyrillic newsletters (koi8-r) are not decoded correctly.
> The cyrillic FontPath is included in XF86Config-4.

What worked for me under Debian was just installing all the X fonts
that's available in Debian.  Then stuff mostly started working in
Emacs.

Emacs seems to be somewhat picky in what fonts it wants to use...