* new spam-marks and ham-marks parameters in spam.el
@ 2003-03-19 23:04 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-03-19 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

The old spam-spam-marks and spam-ham-marks variables are gone.  You
can now use the spam-marks and ham-marks group/topic parameters or you
can customize the gnus-parameter-ham-marks-alist and
gnus-parameter-spam-marks-alist variables.  Thus, you can have special
ham or spam marks per group.

The default values for the variables correspond to the old
spam-spam-marks and spam-ham-marks settings, so the behavior should
not change at all.

I had trouble with parameters - I was getting different lists
depending on whether the setting was coming from the alist or the
group parameter!  I did a conditional 1-level drop if I got one list
too many, but it seems rather strange nevertheless.  All this is in
the spam-group-ham-marks function.  Did I miss something about
parameter retrieval?

Ted

* Re: new spam-marks and ham-marks parameters in spam.el
@ 2003-03-30  3:06 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-03-30  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> I had trouble with parameters - I was getting different lists
> depending on whether the setting was coming from the alist or the
> group parameter!  I did a conditional 1-level drop if I got one list
> too many, but it seems rather strange nevertheless.  All this is in
> the spam-group-ham-marks function.  Did I miss something about
> parameter retrieval?

It shouldn't matter whether the value came from the group parameters
or the alist.  Are you sure that you're using the right syntax for the
params?  It's supposed to be (param . value) and not (param value)...