* Killing *all* followups to killed messages
@ 2003-01-15 22:26 Sebastian D.B. Krause
From: Sebastian D.B. Krause @ 2003-01-15 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

First I think that I've found a bug in the documentation or at least
my configuration is wrong. In the documentation about adaptive
scoring is the following text:

,----[ Adaptive Scoring ]
|    You can also score on `thread', which will try to score all articles
| that appear in a thread.  `thread' matches uses a `Message-ID' to match
| on the `References' header of the article.  If the match is made, the
| `Message-ID' of the article is added to the `thread' rule.  (Think
| about it.  I'd recommend two aspirins afterwards.)
`----

To use it, I tried the following configuration:

,----[ ~/.gnus ]
| (setq gnus-use-adaptive-scoring t)
| (setq gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist
|       '((gnus-read-mark (thread 5))))
`----

But when read an article, I get the following error:

,----
| gnus-score-adaptive: Symbol's function definition is void: thread
`----

Is this a bug in the documentation or in my configuration?

My second question is if there is any possibility to kill *all*
followups on killed messages? For example, if a message is killed
(by all.SCORE, not by KILL), take it's Message-ID and put it in a
rule which filters on References and so kills the followups. Perhaps
this could be done with adaptive scoring, although it may be
slow.

Sebastian

* Re: Killing *all* followups to killed messages
@ 2003-01-21  5:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-21  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

krause@sdbk.de (Sebastian D.B. Krause) writes:

> First I think that I've found a bug in the documentation or at least
> my configuration is wrong. In the documentation about adaptive
> scoring is the following text:
>
> ,----[ Adaptive Scoring ]
> |    You can also score on `thread', which will try to score all articles
> | that appear in a thread.  `thread' matches uses a `Message-ID' to match
> | on the `References' header of the article.  If the match is made, the
> | `Message-ID' of the article is added to the `thread' rule.  (Think
> | about it.  I'd recommend two aspirins afterwards.)
> `----
>
> To use it, I tried the following configuration:
>
> ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
> | (setq gnus-use-adaptive-scoring t)
> | (setq gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist
> |       '((gnus-read-mark (thread 5))))
> `----

Scoring by thread doesn't have much to do with adaptive scoring,
really.  `I t' will score by thread, and

 (setq gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist
       '((gnus-read-mark (thread 5))))

is invalid.

I've now removed the paragraph from the Adaptive Scoring node.

> My second question is if there is any possibility to kill *all*
> followups on killed messages? For example, if a message is killed
> (by all.SCORE, not by KILL), take it's Message-ID and put it in a
> rule which filters on References and so kills the followups.

Yes, that's what thread and followup scoring does.